Our Karate Dojo Classes focus on natural body movement self defense so the smaller and weaker easily defend against larger and stronger aggressors. In addition to kicking and punching we focus on practicing responses to grabs, pushes, and pulls used to start most violent attacks. Our goal is to make these responses automatic.
You will practice Karate:
- Okinawan Shorin Ryu Kata (programmed movements),
- Kumite (street effective applications found in kata), and
- Bunkai (performing an entire kata with effective applications against attackers).
Robert Roberto Curtis is an 9th Degree Karate Master, Hanshi (Teacher of Teachers), in Okinawan Shorin Ryu Shidokan Karate. He studied the Martial Arts for over 50 years and has been a Karate Black Belt in Shidokan Shorin Ryu since 1981.
He has taught self defense martial arts for over 45 years.
- This Karate Dojo reports directly to Grand Master Seikichi Iha, Hanshi, 10th Degree, Beikoku Shidokan Shorin Ryu one of the most senior Okinawan Karate Masters in the world and recently recognized as an Intangible Cultural Asset by the Okinawan Government. For most of us that doesn't mean much. In Okinawa it is a real big deal.
- Roberto, our instructor, practiced various types of karate and martial arts beginning in 1969 including Judo, Kung Fu, Shorinkan Karate, Shotokan Karate, and Goju Ryu Karate.
In 1979, after 10 years of martial arts experience, he became a direct student of internationally renown Karate Grand Master Seikichi Iha. He is now one of his senior students.
- For over 45 years he has taught proven effective Okinawan self-defense karate to people like you. While stationed overseas he taught self-defense martial arts to US Embassy and foreign Security Personnel, and US Marines. He now teaches Karate Classes in Alexandria VA.
- He is a member of the MidWest, and National Shorin Ryu Shidokan Black Belt Promotion Board.
Call Now 703-215-2715