We Specialize in Adult Self Defense Karate
Whether a Man or a Woman Call Now Because
You Deserve to Overcome Your Fears,
Walk with Confidence, and Get in Shape by Learning Karate
Get a One-Week Free Trial of Adult/Teen Karate Classes
You Can Learn to Be Like Maria.
Nobody Messes with Maria. She Always Has a Big Cheerful Smile on Her Face Because She Learned
Self Defense Karate. You Can Be Like Her, Too!
(Click on the Video Below to See Maria)
Beikoku Shidokan Shorin Ryu Karate (Kobayashi)
Okinawan Karate Classes Alexandria
Just Imagine, When You practice in our adult self defense karate classes You:
- Get in Shape
- Improve Self Control
- Reduce Stress
The Good News when training in Karate you:
- Condition the Body,
- Cultivate the Mind, and
- Nurture the Spirit.
Just Get in the Car!
(Seikichi Iha, our 10th Degree Grand Master, says the Hardest Part about Karate classes is Just Getting in the Car to attend class! Then in the Future you Will Look Back and Wonder Why You Didn't Get in Your Car Sooner to start Alexandria Karate Class!)
How Are We Different?
- We Focus on the Art of Adult Practical Self Defense Karate in Alexandria.
- You Learn to React Effectively to No-Rules Violence
- You Cooperate with training partners in class to avoid injury, rather than compete.
- You Train with a Shorin Ryu Karate Master with 35+ Years Experience Teaching people like You, US Embassy Security Guards, US Marines, US Security Agency Representatives, and foreign security operatives.
- You will Learn in every class Self Defense Applications, or improve those you know, making you more awesome and ready.
- Beginners Train with Advanced Students so both Improve more quickly. You train with members who have practiced for years thereby helping you learn and adapt faster. They learn by teaching in class, too.
- No Tournaments,
- No Competition.
- No testosterone pumped guy out to prove he is king of the dojo because I already asked him to go to another school.
- Nearly Half Our Members Trained in Other Styles of Martial Arts and call us the Martial Arts Grad School because we teach practical and proven effective self defense applications for every Kata Movement (movement templates). Then you will practice them, too! You will soon discover that we aren't just dancing in our white pajamas!
- We have fun with you in class while teaching you! There is no competition to see who is better. (expect lots of laughter, smiles and friendship)
- Your Belt/Rank advancement depends on what you have learned rather than how much you paid or how many classes you attend.
Are you ready to begin your journey?
Call or text to 703-310-9596 or fill out the form below to reserve your spot in class and then just come in. Knowing that we're always here to help you.
Imagine Low Membership FEES:
- We have one low, all-inclusive monthly membership fee
- You Get Unlimited self defense Karate classes (at least 6 per week if you have the time) taught by an authentic Karate Master with 35+ years of instructional experience.
- Pay only the months you train
- No Registration Fee
- No Promotion or Belt Fees
- No Equipment Fees - We have all the equipment you need
- Active Duty Military,
- Family Members,
- First Responders, and
"You trained with the rest, now train with the Best! A life long journey in a friendly atmosphere coupled with practical self defense applications. After training with us, you can stop buying the videos and books and learn first hand karate applications of kata. Sensei (our Karate Instructor) and students alike are genuine and not "ballers." No matter your age, just show up and train. You won't be disappointed. "
Patrick Hughes, Alexandria, VA
You Don't Have to Decide Now.
Get a One-Week Free Trial of Adult/Teen Karate Classes
"Collaborative, safe and fun place to learn karate! Great mix of structure/form and practical applications. Classes almost every evening and on the weekends, so there's a class that fits your schedule."
Chris Russo, Woodbridge, VA
Self Defense Class = Karate Class = Martial Arts Class = Self Defense Class
Karate Instructor = Martial Arts Instructor = Self Defense Instructor
"This is a real karate dojo for those searching for a true home to learn martial arts. When I say real I mean a serious environment, not gimmicky, where the lessons are aimed towards self defense and the Sensei is an actual teacher, not one past their prime who wears their belt for looks. I mean no disrespect towards other teachers but there are those who rely on belt color more so than fitness to gain respect. Here, Sensei Roberto is a classic master: he teaches the classes himself, there is no contract, there is no testing fee, and they use no pads, head gear or gloves in their practice -- it's the real deal. But don't get me wrong. Although this school is mature and most students here are upper belts, they are a convivial crowd with warmth and true appreciation for each other. They welcomed me immediately and were great hosts to all that joined after. They have plenty to pull rank for but no one does. That is because Sensei doesn't. He is open and approachable and earnestly just wants to teach karate. Okinawan karate rocks, btw. You'll get an immediate sense of all this upon your first class and then you'll know like me."
Amy Burke, VA
Adult/Teen Alexandria Karate Class Times:
7:00 PM Sunday thru Thursday
9:00 AM Saturday
Women's Self Defense Class:
6:00 PM Monday & Wednesday
Youth Karate Class:
(Click for more information & Special Offers)
5:30 PM Tuesday & Thursday